Role Description / Summary
The Machinist B responsibilities include the setup and operation of one or more of the following machines; manual chucker, drills, hones, hobs, and other machines/equipment as assigned, with oversight as needed to produce quality products that meet all applicable requirements. With help from others, able to perform quality inspections of their work and make any required adjustments per general manufacturing practices and company policies/procedures. Some supervision may be required to meet productivity, quality and safety goals.
- With oversight as needed, sets up and operates assigned machines.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities as needed
- Inspect parts per instructions provided in order to produce quality products
- Makes necessary adjustments to equipment/tooling to attain required dimensions and finishes
- Proactively and positively interacts with coworkers to obtain assistance as necessary to solve problems.
- Maintain correct time reporting and accurate entries on manufacturing and inspection records.
- Follow TPM requirements as required and maintains overall good housekeeping practices
- Comply with all company quality and safety requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow detailed instructions as needed to perform day-to-day responsibilities
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude
- Understands basic mathematics and geometry
- Ability to read blueprints with some knowledge of Geometry Dimension & Tolerancing
- Possess good communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Familiar with general machining and inspection equipment
This is a full-time position with both 1st and 2nd shifts available. Work schedule is 40 + hours per week. Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
AAP / EEO Statement
Kaney Aerospace, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.